The official
Rosie O'Donnell website

ARGO VOTE

saw ARGO today in toronto
a city i love
a country i adore
what an amazing movie

ben affleck is quite a film maker
the visuals – music – acting- all perfect
nothing like being swept away
in a dark room full of strangers

the ticket was 20 dollars
because the theater had a “VIP zone”
which was nothing more than a small screening room
with a waitress i never saw

no matter – i was thoroughly entertained
i love canadians
so many wearing red poppies on their coats
remembrance day – for all lost in war

its very moving
to see so many honoring the dead
a constant reminder of the sacrifice
the human cost of war

i am shooting an episode of BOMB GIRLS
a wonderful series on global tv
about canadian women who worked in bomb factories
during WW2

my friend Meg Tilly stars
with a cast of 20 somethings
it reminds me of LOTO
in so many ways

tomorrow i have a 4 40 am pick up
so i am now in bed
pretending it is time for sleep
fingers crossed

i left nyack on friday
we still have no power
but luckily do have a generator
i have never seen such damage

the storm shook us all
yet leaves still hang on the trees that stand
the hudson churned and roared
and now – is calm once more

may all those who lost loved ones
be held in comforting arms
as we pull together
and start healing

remember to vote on tuesday
remember women have the right to reproductive freedom
that 4 years is not enough to right the wrongs
we all were left with

vote with ur heart
u know what is right for u
its 2012 – not 1952
god bless america

peace

20 Responses to 'ARGO VOTE'

1. JenniferT says:

Welcome to Canada! Glad you’re here and hope you’re enjoying it. I’ve never watched Bomb Girls, but my interest is piqued now!

So very happy for four more years of Obama!!!

My son is spending quite a bit of time in NYC this month, and says the aftermath of Sandy is quite something. Here’s hoping for relief for those who are still struggling. xoxoxo

2. Jaime Marie says:

Love your post, glad you love our home. Can’t wait for the next season of Bomb Girls, amazing and eye opening. Feel for all of those in NY so close to T.O., they are all in my prayers. Hope, hope and love wins tomorrow on your side of America…XO

3. Cindy says:

Can Bomb Girls be seen in the USA? Which network? Beautiful post as always Ro.

4. Kat says:

I loved every word of your post. I wish we could move to Canada. My husband and I both have MCI and are terrified of what the future might hold. We are both disabled but Fter teaching teensath for 40 years, he has no insurance or savings. So afraid of what might happen if our president doesn’t win this election.

5. Anne Yates says:

Moving our family to Canada was the best decision we have ever made. It is a kind, loving, and accepting world. I am glad that you are able to feel it. Have a great time and hop over to Calgary if you get bored. We would love to show you around!

• rosie says:

hey u – i love canada too – so peaceful so lovely – glad u claire and the boys r doing well – lots of love – rosie

6. Cynthia Hill says:

I’m such a HUGE fan of Bomb Girls. Is there any chance we’ll see you on more than one episode? I love that you love our city and country, and I pray that your country will make the right decision this week. It’s too bad that whatever happens, the rifts will take much more longer to heal. Maybe it’s the Canadian in me, but I just don’t understand NOT caring about others’ struggles. My prayers to NY/NJ (lived there for a year – love the area).

7. Amelia says:

enjoyable post, thanks for keeping up on your site. Wondering how the radio gang fared in the Hurricane.

8. Marian M says:

AMEN!

9. Titus Androgynous says:

Also, how long are you in Toronto? If you’re looking for something to do on Saturday night, there is an awesome event I can tell you about! :-)

10. Titus Androgynous says:

I’m glad you love my country.

It is hard to watch the great division in your country, so close to us, so influential in the world. It is hard to understand the fear many in your country have of some of the social programs (healthcare!!!) we Canadians hold so dear. My fingers are crossed and I am holding my breath hoping that Obama wins on Tuesday. If he loses, the world loses. I truly believe that.

• Ashes says:

Agreed! The things we, as Canadians, view as completely necessary (health care, contraception, etc) are in danger of being taken away again in the U.S. and it terrifies me!

Wish I could meet you, please come back sometime! :)

(You must be sad that Cotton Ginny went out of business, so were the employees! Thankfully, I got out before it got bad, but I miss the comfy clothes)

• rosie says:

i truly believe that too

11. Deedee 1 says:

Welcome to Canada, Rosie. Love Bomb Girls. Love you! Prayers to all those without power in NYC.

12. Diane says:

Amen to your blog post!! 2012 not 1952. Scary for us if Romney gets in. 10 year old son just doesn’t understand why people are “against” his Moms. We’re good people. Just like other families.